
I am still on Cloud 9 this evening.....I did my first Head Stand (the King of Yoga poses) this morning in class!
This will be the ultimate celebration of my first year in Yoga Practice. I was so afraid and scared of getting injured...but, my instructor came to me and talked me through it....it's been an unbelievable "high" for me as I'm very cautious in any pose due to my recent shoulder pain. As you can see - this pose takes some shoulder strength so I was thrilled that it held me up for a few minutes.
Of course, my instructor was right there watching that I didn't fall. In fact, if you have good instruction - it's amazingly simple as when I got to a certain point and lifted one leg....the other leg just followed like it was suppose to!
Amazing....just so happy that I found Yoga at this time of my life. I'm the "oldest" in the class most of the time....but, the young people are so encouraging and give me confidence to move through the poses. Today was a very rare day as we don't do this sort of thing every practice.
This is my 13th month of Yoga and hopefully, I can continue for a long time getting stretched, muscle toned and healthier through this practice. Landon and Valerie even came the month of January to join me, but, they can't juggle it now that school is back in session, but, they both enjoyed the classes.
Thanks for sharing my excitement today in this blog.....Libby
No comments:
Post a Comment