The Davis Fam

The Davis Family Blog shares Family events of our original family of 6 who has now expanded to 9 family members!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY 2009

PINK VALENTINE SHAPED PANCAKES (Nana calls 'Patty Cakes'....I think Lincoln named them when he was a baby).

Kayla decorated her Valentine pancake with colorful sprinkles. Shake, Shake, Shake...fun and yummy!

Cooper decorates his pancake.....he was not happy when it was time to let Kayla have a turn. Twins have to learn to "share" faster than any other kids!! It's still hard to take turns when you are 2 1/2 !
Pretty and colorful and fun to eat....I'm lovin' that heart shaped mold I bought recently.
I spread a little butter on top to get the sprinkles to stay in place for the little guys.

Nana has a "sprinkle fetish" ~ I didn't realize that there were so many sprinkles in the pantry until today....they are just so CUTE...have to buy them. My sister sent me some of these for cup cake decorating! (some have dinosaur shapes! WOW)

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

What a Happy Valentine's Day we had at our house!

I started the day as Nana with my most tiny Valentines Cooper and Kayla (2 1/2 yrs),
then I ended the day as Libby with my biggest & longest Valentine David (35 yrs. married)!

The twins got up a little earlier today (they didn't know it was Saturday!) and they were excited to see the PINK valentine heart shaped pancakes. Kayla helped me stir in the food coloring to make them pretty and pink. Instead of syrup (Nana doesn't like 'sticky fingers') Cooper and Kayla got to decorate their pancakes with colorful sprinkles.....of course, they wanted to put on the whole jar!


No comments:

Post a Comment