Tuesday, Feb. 24th
Drove over to Austin for Training Day for Work ~ on the way I started coughing which was really weird. I had felt perfectly fine when leaving Houston early morning....this cough was one of those coughs where you say "where'd that come from"!! Deep dry cough! After checking into the room I called my Dr. and asked if they'd call in a perscription....of course, they wanted to see me. The nurse said for me to go to one of those CVS / Walgreens Minute Clinics there in Austin...she said the Dr. recommends these rather than the ER due to "no waiting" and you see a Nurse Practitioner who can prescribe. Anyway, i found a CVS Clinie @ 5 miles from my room online. Thankfully I took my laptop and the hotel had free internet!! By the time I got to the Clinic - I was feeling pretty rough but I was FIRST in line! Yeah! This was quicker than a Dr. appt. too and THEY took my insurance so only had to pay the normal co-pay. There was a very nice N.P. there and she was sympathetic to my situation of being away from home. She took a flu test - negative but said my nose was red like she sees with the flu. Then, she perscribed some cough med. and some new thing that prevents flu if you have been exposed (of course, who knows if you've been exposed?) So, I got both of those perscriptions and went back to hotel. During the night I couldn't sleep and kept trying to catch my breath...the next morning I got back into the car and went back to CVS and let another nice lady know I had trouble breathing. She perscribed me an albuterol inhaler. That made the difference...I could breath again (thought of little Kayla and all her breathing troubles and how scary this must be for a little one....I was terrified!)
Wednesday, Feb. 25th - stayed in bed and rested all day.
Thursday, Feb. 26th - went to the training all day and spent another night in Austin.
Friday, Feb. 27th - drove home early day - finally got some good food in my body today!
Thanks to my family and friends for the prayers as I had the text messages and emails going out for prayer! Nothing like being out of town and being sick and ALONE.....this is the only 2nd time I've been alone on a trip...always have kids or friends with me! We lived in Austin 8 years in the 80's so I was familiar with the area at least.
You'll be glad to know there are no pictures of me sick in bed! hahaha...my friends said I was the only person they knew who'd take a picture during a root canal!!
No comments:
Post a Comment