We had a very busy morning of eating, dressing, potty training, laughing, playing, puffers (meds.), playing in tent, reading books, giggling, rocky horse, potty training, standing on things when Nana said "no", riding 3 wheeler, snacking on grapes (they wanted them in a cup), potty training, drinking water and shaking the cup to watch it fall on floor, pinching fingers in cabinet, crying and kissing boo boos, combing Kayla's hair & her running from Nana when it was time for bow, falling off the couch when standing on it ~ not crying, talking to the dogs at the window, potty training, opening Valentine stickers - taking them off the page - sticking them on their clothes and legs - taking them from each other and crying - sticking them on Nana's legs - crumpling sticker in big wad when finished, potty training, running through the den laughing all the way, petting Layla (the cat) and trying not to scare her to pieces, sitting on lego table, putting feet in Lego table mesh bag in middle of table and not listening to Nana say "No, No", putting on their backpacks and Cooper helping sister clip the belt, snacking on Pop's Gold Fish beside his chair....again putting them in their cups (Nana always counts when giving snacks), finally getting Kayla still enough to put in hair bow, looking at bow in mirror, changing pull ups when wet (potty training didn't go as well this morning), getting ready for mommy and daddy to come and pick them up around noon.....Cooper hugging Mommy and Daddy's legs when he saw them come in, Kayla not hugging mommy and daddy when they came in.
As you can see it was a busy, busy morning and Nana had forgotten all the stuff that gets dirty with little ones in the house....dishes, cups....always running a load of dishes in the dish washer. I keep a sink of bleach water with the little ones around and wash everything as I clean up after these two (love that new Clorox bleach spray that you can use with kids). We've had a stack of wash clothes since our kids were little and David and I still use them....we went through all of them this weekend and the washing machine was constantly running along with the dishwasher and dryer! I'd forgotten how much "time" kids take out of your life! Nana is thankful for LeJoy and Larry taking good care of these little ones and not depending on grandparents to keep them day and night....they are precious - but, BUSY. Nana also has a new appreciation for grandmothers everywhere raising their grandchildren 24/7! These people deserve a metal of honor in the Grandparent Hall of Fame!
Nana took an afternoon nap!
Libby, this made me laugh! We are keeping Kathleen's twins from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon this coming weekend. This will be our first time to keep them overnight...we've been ready for a long time, but mommy hasn't been. =0} I hate to admit this to you, but I have been checking your blog often...kept thinking you hadn't posted anything since Thanksgiving! Thankfully, tonight I realized what I was doing wrong! How embarrassing! Technology is wonderful when I can figure it out. Now, to read everything I've missed and look at all your great pics! Say a prayer for us this weekend. Wish I had time to find some backpacks with the harness. What a great idea!
ReplyDelete