LeJoy rode their bikes and scooters back in the 80's.
The Driveway has been redone - it is wider than before...you can see the natural park directly across the street from our old house. Lincoln and LeJoy were in grade school when we lived here.
The House has been added on to the right....the far right window was not a part of our house. David saw the house in remodel last year and they moved the Master Suite to the right side and the kitchen was moved to the center of the house...completely new floor plan. You can't see the trees that well....but these are the most beautiful live oak trees and low to the ground so the kids could climb in the trees.
I think there's a swimming pool in the back yard now....this was our favorite back yard of all our houses, shaded and beautiful deck on the back with the yard in tiers as it was a steep sloping yard.
Glad I made the effort to go look at the house on my way back to Houston, it was one of our favorite places to live and brought back some great memories. I drove down past little Vivian's house....often wondered where that little girl ended up, she was LeJoy's age and I suspected she needed more love as she always came to our house and hugged me and told me I was "nice"....a darling little blond girl. The park brought so many fun memories as we had breakfast in the park on Lincoln's 7th birthday before school and he got a purple scooter! LeJoy enjoyed the playscape and always wanted to run and play ~ I had to walk over there with them as it was behind the trees and not visable from our house.
GREAT MEMORIES FROM THE 80's.......................and I loved the new look of our old house!
No comments:
Post a Comment