The Davis Fam

The Davis Family Blog shares Family events of our original family of 6 who has now expanded to 9 family members!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Going Back in Time.....Easter 2006




This Easter Basket is the way the announcement came from LeJoy and Larry that they were going to be PARENTS for the first time and we were going to be first time GRAND PARENTS!

We were so surprised and thrilled at the same time although they'd been married over 5 years we just didn't expect them to be pregnant....our family had already been through an ordeal with David (dad) in March when he had a bout of Bacterial Meningitis where he almost died. So, 2006 was the year we will never forget!

Today I took pictures of the Easter Basket that LeJoy and Larry brought over April 15, 2006, Saturday of Easter Weekend. They had just found out a few days before that LeJoy was pregnant and couldn't wait to tell everyone.

They didn't say a word when they brought over a Easter Basket to us (they'd never given us a Easter Basket before...), David and I were in the front yard when they drove up and got out with the basket. I looked inside the basket and saw "Runts" "Sugar Babies" "Junior Mints""Pacifier" "Mini M&Ms"....immediately, I yelled "ARE YOU PREGNANT?" LeJoy said "YES"....after 3 years of trying to have a baby....she was pregnant and thrilled to tell us in this very special way.

Isn't that a CREATIVE WAY to tell your family? We loved it and was THRILLED of course with the prospect of a Grand Baby....not knowing until weeks later that it was TWO GRAND BABIES!!! What a extra special treat!

Oh well.............I'm a sucker for sentimental and couldn't throw this Easter Basket away so today (3 years later) I took a picture for our family blog. This is a wonderful way for me to clean out and move on....take a picture and keep it forever in our memories of this blog. I've recommended this way of capturing memories to all my friends.....thank you Blogspot for making this possible and for helping me clean out my house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment