Thankfully, Hurricane Gustav missed our area of Texas. But, it is presently bearing down with the dirty side of the storm on the Truhett family home in Gulfport, MS. Uncle Joe left the farm yesterday to go and tie down things at the house in Gulfport. He also stabalized some of the big pecan trees as they generally lose some of the huge pecan trees. Joe braced them so they wouldn't fall on the house if they do go down.
Pray for their house and property. Three yrs. ago in Katrina they lost part of their roof and some trees, no flooding though. The family is safe at the farm in Forest, Mississippi north near Jackson.
I feel guilty today that the sun is shining and it is another beautiful, hot day in Texas. Tomorrow, I suspect we'll get some rain from the storm. That's OK....we can use the rain.
Today I hear there are 4 more tropical systems out there.....going to be a FUN hurricane season for the gulf coast it appears. Thanks for your prayers.
Libby
No comments:
Post a Comment