The Davis Fam

The Davis Family Blog shares Family events of our original family of 6 who has now expanded to 9 family members!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Loss of Neighbor's Young Teen

Again it is with sadness that I write about our next door neighbor's daughter passing away in the early morning hours today.

She had a sudden illness that took her life quickly without any warning ! I just have a hard time with children passing away from us ... it just seems natural for children to bury their parents ~ so for me, losing a child is a very hard thing. I'm sure it is for most people.

Lexis watched after 1 a.m. as ambulance's were at the neighbor's house and tried to wake me up to which I was too groggy to understand what she was telling me. There were 2 ambulances and fire truck, the Sheriff's car and Ambulance Supervisor's car all out there last night while most of us were sleeping.

Please remember Tayo's family, her brother just told Lexis and I that she would have her 14th Birthday in 2 weeks. I remember when this child was born as they've lived next to us for 16+ years. Fun (mother) Ayo (father) Jim Bo (oldest son graduated UH last year) and Lade (middle daughter at Duke University - flying home soon).

I will remember Tayo as a child with the biggest smile and waving at me as I passed her at the bus stop for school. She was a happy and delightful young girl always smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment