The Davis Fam

The Davis Family Blog shares Family events of our original family of 6 who has now expanded to 9 family members!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Fun over the Long Weekend ~ MLK Day

Joni's Antique Couch that survived Hurricane Katrina.....it's been recovered & at Farm House.
Antique Chairs from Katrina are opposite the Couch ~ recovered.


Back of the Farm House ~ the siding is finished and I loved the color....plans are to put a big deck across the back of the house....cement is from the "shed" located behind house.

My sister rides behind her husband, this was my tour of the family property and where I almost fell off the 4 wheeler going up a slope and my wheels ended up in a rut.....Joe had to come and get me out of that spot!




4 wheel path across the street from the farm house.....they own this property too....@ 55+ acres is owned and passed down from generations to the family. Culpepper Road is nearby and that's Joe's mother's maiden name.




My sister, Joni and her husband Joe....great Christmas card pic!


Sunday on the 4 wheeler....the weather was sweater weather....new scarf knitted on my neck!


Kitchenette in the "shed" (which I say is a BARN...it's Huge!)....the full bathroom is finished too!


New Cemented driveway to the "shed"....I think at least 6 cars could park under this thing!


The Farm house from the road (on 4 wheeler with camera)! Lost in the pine trees.

Just a beautiful clear day in Mississippi....the pine trees that are harvested after 18 - 20 years of growth. The National Forest will come and replant the trees after they are harvested! (These are our future telephone poles).

This is where we went "Mudding" on the 4 wheelers....before I went through this I hollered "JOOOOOOEEEEEEEE...................." (he laughed)

This is basically what all the paths looked like as they'd had lots of rain recently.

My favorite (of 5) Honda 4 wheeler.....trusty RED....hasn't failed me yet. This trip I conquered "reverse".....every once in awhile you just have to back out of a spot!!! Never got my foot strong enough to get "out of reverse"....so, I pulled it up with my hand. Maybe next time I'll conquer that one!


My wet foot.....mud up to my knees. Thankfully, they have a washer and dryer at the farm house!

Beautiful Fire place.....was on 24/7 this weekend. My sister can even start a fire....I'm impressed. Maybe they'll teach me that feat next time I'm there in the winter! We use the fire logs from the grocery in Houston & turn on the air conditioner!

Front Porch Rockers.....Joni & I knit in these rockers and watch the kids 4 wheel by us! (you can see the pretty siding on the house is finished).

I finished TWO scarfs on this trip....it usually takes me at least a week to finish one at home!

We went to see Thomas and Jennie's new house....she had these cute chairs covered and painted the cabinet a rusty orange....their house is so cute and they are having fun decorating!

My nephew, Thomas (the accountant) made these pillows! I was SO impressed! They have piping on them and that's a difficult sewing project for your FIRST sewing lesson. He did a GREAT job and we were just amazed. Also, he made a pretty floor to ceiling shower curtain in the bathroom. To top the amazing story off.....his father-in-law taught him to sew!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are all back home from our MLK Day 3 Day Weekend. David went to Oklahoma to see his mom since he had not been home to see her in over a year! He drove and had a safe trip on the highway to Oklahoma. David also got to see his sister's new house that she moved into a few months ago. So it was a good trip for him and much needed family visit.

Libby flew to Jackson, Mississippi to spend the long weekend with her sister, Joni and her family at "The Farm". Both flights went well and were on time.....much thankfulness to that as the plane crash this last week was a reminder how easy something can go wrong. What were Canadian Geese doing that far north anyway? Thought they'd be far SOUTH by now!

Added pictures of the wonderful (4 BR / 5 Bath) farm house since the siding is now on and the 'shed' that now has a great cement driveway that is really nice for the 4 wheelers, trailers and cars.

Landon and Lexis stayed home and they did pretty good for their first time "home alone"!
At least our house was in one piece and I went to Chick fila to see Lexis and she came around the counter and hugged and hugged me.....like I was her long lost mom! She said she missed me a bunch and of course, I missed her! Next time she will go with me to Mississippi as she loves the farm and the cousins and all the fun they have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment